View Single Post
Old 01-24-2016, 01:00 AM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Took the stock PRV apart only to find it was not seating properly....go figure...so I recut the seat angle and what do ya know....it works better now, who would have thought it was bad right from new??!!

With one control being used it operates at 240 PSI , the PRV will open around 325 PSI and hold steady at about 275 PSI. When both controls are used the pressure drops to about 150 PSI which is a bit strange, may just be how things work with an open center valve. The flow and cycle time on the cylinders is almost right on the money now.....still could be faster I think....next will be to increase the pump RPM and get a bit more flow, but first I need to make a bit bigger drive pulley on the motor. Thankfully this is finally starting to work like it should....

With the controls in neutral (no load) the pump turns at 1700 RPM and drops to about 1400 RPM with a load. The motor draws 20 amps under load and 12 amps when the controls are in neutral....yikes...really going to need the two 14AH batteries!! LOL

Here is a short test video......still think it is too slow!! But much better than what it was before

[IMG]