View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 12:39 AM

supraman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

I have been following your thread with interest . I am using roughly the same size gear as you . I think from memory you are using a 2.2cc pump and an open centre spool valve. I am using a 1.6cc pump as i only have 4 cyls on 1/10 scale .

I was interested to see how you went with the open center valve as i was going to use the same , but i read they are not good for uses other than hydraulic motors- mainly due to sealing around center . I liked the fact the pressure is not present unless using a control , but can not get my head around how you get pressure on one vale while the other 2 are -open to tank? -

I noticed you get some creep on the other cyls ,but maybe that is because you have removed the detents and it is hard to find the exact center ?

Strangely after watching your video i think i may go with closed centre spools and use the throttle mixing in the radio to increase pump rpm when a channel is used ( ie -- theoretical numbers --%50 rpm for main boom=2x cyls , %20 for the arm and %20 for the bucket ) . Which would also turn the pump off when no hydraulics are used . Maybe this is common , but i can not find videos where they do this -maybe there is a reason and i will find out through trial and error or maybe some on on here could explain is this is a bad idea and save me time ?

I am looking forward to seeing you progress with this model as you already look like it will be very well made ,, all the best .