View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 02:53 PM
Apprentice

DADSGARAGE is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PC1800 Front Shovel (1/12)

Yes the pump I'm using is about 2.2cc/rev. The open center valve body can be hard to figure out how the open center works without actually being able to mess around with one....but it does work!! LOL
I changed this valve body to a closed center by simply installing a "closed center plug" which is on the right hand side in the photo. So if you use an open center valve be sure it can be changed to a closed center when the proper "plug" is installed, this will give you the option to go either way, closed or open. The valve body and the matching center plug is from princess auto.

Yes you did see the cylinders creep...lol.... and yes it is because I didn't get the controls centered , the control return springs are removed

Using the valve with a closed center didn't really improve anything, only slightly more responsive due to the constant high pressure, but the pump motor is always under load draining the batterys even when the controls are in neutral, I'm hoping to try and avoid using an ESC on the pump motor so I will most likely run this with the open center...time will tell.

[IMG]