Thread: Unit Cable Hoe
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

SmallHaul will become famous soon enoughSmallHaul will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Unit Cable Hoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by td9clyde View Post
i like this build going to be interesting can't wait to see it all together and working........................i thought i was into the old stuff like 1960's but SmallHaul , you got me beat lol on the old style equipment models
Thanks Henry, I really like how complex these old machines are. The more I learn about them the more I realize how much engineering goes into one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlebug View Post
Hey Scott glad to help, let me know if you need different angle's or better lighting, LOL!
Ordered a new computer today, hope to have the lit. scanned later next week.
Later, Neil#2 aka doodlebug.
Neil, I just got a 1950's Unit repair manual that has great photos and documentation but, there are no measurements at all... so, all the measurements you took were very helpful. I calculated all of your numbers to 1/16 scale and my prototype boom & stick are a little over sized but, not by much. When you get the cab roof to floor measurement We'll see how close the Doepke toy actually is to 1/16.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
found some pictures and videos. might have seen them already. one video is kinda scary...
Thanks for the links Dean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8R View Post
Nice with those chains, got to remember that if I build a suitable model.
Dan
Thanks Dan, I decided to make the rotate chain drive too, using #25 chain. It will be easy to setup and it should be very reliable. I just ordered the sprockets for the rotate setup today.

"No load is too Small"