View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Here Kitty Kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP57 View Post
Thanks for the info. If I plug a 6v batteery into the reciever in the batt/bind plug, do you think this will solve it or do I have to buy something else? I tried posting a couple more videos last night but they didn't completly load so they'll be up soon. Nothing to exciting though, just me doing the same thing...lookin like a spode!http://youtu.be/KrTU9iBcgq0
Yes you can use a separate battery to power the receiver and servos just remember to remove the red wire from the esc receiver plug to eliminate the bec circuit the esc supplies so you do not back feed the esc with power. You will also need a battery with a high Mah rating like 2500 or higher or you will still be in the same boat for ex a battery with a 800 Mah will only give you approximately .8 amps which will give you the same problem as before. A 2.4 receiver is very sensitive to Voltage drop so when you activate the servo under a load it will draw to much and the receiver will drop out causing the drive to quit and reset. Spectrum offers a capasitor to pug into the receiver in an open channel to help offset the voltage drop we had to use them on our race cars with the higher out put esc's when we punched the throttle on the start they would drop the voltage to far and the receiver would cut out. The capacitor would offset this and keep the receiver going till the battery recovered from the instant load.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11