View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 12:30 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

Chemically burn off all the existing weed & volunteer growth so the new year's crop gets the best start possible. In crop spraying is 5-6 weeks later , the next flush of weeds are much smaller than the crop & easy to kill! After that, the crop flourishes, stools out to canopy the ground and block any sunshine for future weed growth during the growing season.

Actually, the old drill was single shoot & I was using a 4” stealth tip to spread the seed & fert together... this new drill being double shoot with a 1” opener & 3.5” spreader 3/4" above is less iron in the ground & should pull considerably easier... I’m already kicking myself for not going to 70’ width! ...I’ll see how it goes this yr.

I loaded up my seed cart today, calibrated the seed drives, ready to go tomorrow late afternoon... after I put out 3 or 4 tanks of spray starting at noon. It's gonna freeze again tonite, the scientific analysis is wait 24hrs for the weeds to recover to uptake the chemical better... but rain is coming again Friday night for the wkend... 2009 it froze every night till May 20th, but I still sprayed everyday & still got a good weed kill.

Joe