View Single Post
Old 09-24-2015, 08:31 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD Dump Truck - Take II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
Your one of a kind for a friend builds are the best Reg. really looking forward to this one. I'd get some popcorn ready but will probably choke on it as my jaw drops looking at the pics.
No choking my friend! My biggest struggle right now is finding good pictures of the pieces I need to make. The real truck is 3 hours away(one way) so I can't just go and look at it. Originally we were just going to use Tamiya running gear so I didn't take very many pictures of the suspension components. I want to create something here that no one else will ever have so I need to make everything I can from scratch. In the end I hope it will turn out well. Fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by link7267@yahoo.com View Post
Very nice detail. I have used alcohol for a very long time. learned at a machine shop that the alcohol cools better then anything else on aluminum for cutting or drilling milling tapping.
Yep, it works awesome and evaporates very quickly with no mess. It just makes sense to use it on parts that will be painted, powder coated or glued as it leaves no oily residue. I can see how running coolant on production equipment would be better but for me building small parts it's perfect.