View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kenworth 850 Off Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile Trucking View Post
That's a good looking wheel. My ? is. How muck does it weight
Haha, I'm not to sure but they are fairly heavy. I'll have to put one on the 'wife to be's' food scale... She loves it when I do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
The wheels look pretty darn nice to me! Especially since you shot them with some primer now. The contrast in the shape is easier to pick up on. I think the chassis is looking really nice as well. The whole truck is going to be awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. You build fast too, so it won't be a long wait, by my standards!
Thanks very much! The wheels are actually just bead blasted at the moment. I did that to remove the sharp edges left after milling. I'll try not to keep you waiting too long! I want to see it finished soon too! My Argon bottle is nearly empty and the supply place where I exchange it has no more until late next week. I guess the company that fills the bottles has sent them all out at once to be tested. Now none of their depots have full bottles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
You really do have a knack for being resourceful Reg & I really admire your patience to tackle anything.. I don't see any reason to be less than proud of your selfmade wheels.

Thanx for taking the time to take step by step pics as you make your models.
Thanks Joe! As a friend of my Dad's always says...Time, patients and perseverance! I'm just not sure where I have developed these traits from in the last couple years. I guess I'm getting old!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catmack View Post
Hi Reg,

Looks great, I was thinking of a Haynes down the road. What drive gear are you going to use?

Colin
Thank you Colin, I plan on using a 12v or 18v drill drive for the power source. I have a few of these collected up and haven't decided if I will use a single or two speed drill. The front axle and rear diffs will be scratch built. I would like this to move at least 100lbs easily so everything will be heavily built!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi1966 View Post
Looks great Reg, and as no CNC was used to make those wheels that's even greater achievement
Thanks Ari! If a master builder like you thinks that they are OK then I must be on the right track! Everytime I see one of your builds it makes me want to improve on my own. I don't know if I will ever build at your level but you set a benchmark that keeps people pushing to achieve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southgate View Post
Those front wheels are awesome looking. Man, I need to get a rotary table! Dan
Yes Dan you do need a rotory table! I'm not sure how many hundred times I turned the handle on that thing in the last two days though....cnc would be very nice!

Thanks again!

More pics tonight I hope!

Last edited by RCP57; 01-20-2013 at 03:27 AM.