View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Green Horn

REEVE2007 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PFB Tri-Axle King Hauler

I think it is a **** of a start to a cool build. The truck looks beefy just like a heavy haul should. I think everybody is on the right track it just depends on what spot in the hemosphere you want your trailer replicated after. Different areas have different requirements for weight and over the years some very smart inventers have designed equipment that is capable of hauling the weight while staying with in the weight requirements. You could use a goldhofer which is like a dolly that is pulled by a truck or multiple trucks or you can build a trailer like one of the photos used above. The 2 being hauled by Bills and Precision Heavy haul are the style we use most. It would really be something to see someone accomplish one of these. If you are interested I have thousands of photos I can supply. On these trailer types the main deck carries the load. Each end is connected to a neck which is supported by the jeep in the front and a dolly in the rear. The point where the neck connects to the dolly is centered between the two groups of axles on the dolly. On the other end the front neck is connected to the jeep. This point is centered between the axles on the truck and the jeep acording to the weight requirements. This being said the truck will have weight on it to enable it to have traction enough to pull the load. So as long as you build the load bearing points correctly on the trailer the weight will be disributed evenly.