View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

doodlebug is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Diesel Demond's work ride

Hey Nathan, Shift quality in a Road Ranger is alot faster, which make's a big difference, when upshifting on hill's. I've had the 12speed and the older T2180 18speed, after demo'ing a new International a few year's ago, My Mind is made up, Road Ranger!
The triple countershaft arrangement is high enertia-I.E. it act's like a flywheel and doesn't want to spin down fast for shifting. I'm in a 12 wheel Dump.
There are road's in my neck of the wood's, that I have to split every gear, or the engine fall's flat on it's face, but K-dub's pulling double bellie's with 9speed's shifted just fine-Yes I became friend's with them, and let them pass me on the hill. I can't jake my shift's, due to computer programming! 1997 vintage.
The other problem is Dealer rebuild's cost more and idependent shop's hate working on them. Case in point My 1988 RD with 2 lift axles went in for tranny work, I was told to not ever bring it back to them again. It was a nightmare to work on.
Yes I'm biased from the "School of hard Knock's"
Tough as nail's doesn't count when it won't shift, that when abuse happen's.
I've had Mack's for 17+ year's, not my favorite truck! But thank's to the new emissioned engine's that can't stay out of the shop, I'll just keep my beast!
Cheer's, Neil.