View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:48 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fiberglassing a Dumas Chris Craft boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman View Post
Travis-the "west system" is a good quality epoxy resin and once you paint the cloth with the resin the cloth will be transparent. If you haven't done this before you might want to practice on something else. Spread the cloth over the boat, then brush the resin on and you should be able to work any wringles out of the cloth. This can be tricky to do but like I said you might want to practice on something else if you are worried you might mess it up. I have done this many times and it works good. After the first coat dries you need to lightly sand and apply a 2nd coat of resin but do not sand into the cloth. Just scuff it enough that the 2nd coat will bond. You should be able to sand the 2nd coat smooth without damaging the cloth and then spray it with varnish or something to protect it from the sun.
Cool I will give it a shot on a practice piece and see how it works.

Travis

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11