View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 PM
Journeyman

RCLogger will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Scratch built Toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Art View Post
Greg, If I were to build a RC piece of equiptment at this time I would like to build a Cat 527 Track skidder. It would make a good duel purpose machine, logging and dozing plus I just like the looks of them. I attended a farm tractor show today with a table full of painted boat anchors ... static models. Lots of interest in the Tigercat because of the TV show,"Swamp Loggers" I put in a lot of good word on you guys and all your RC logging equiptment, A lot of the people I talked to are looking forward to seeing yours and Lou's Videos. Fred
We are on the same page Fred, as I have the 527 in a future build. I took photo's of one with plans to build it, BUT, not sure if there would be room for 3spools to control that 6 way blade and 3 spools for the grapple.

My brother in-law has one, I have to say it is SCARRY the steep ground they operate them on.... Years ago I ran a CAT 518 skidder, switch back trails up the hill and come straight down with logs pushing you. With the 527 it backs up steep hills better than going forward..