Thread: 1:50 Dragline
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 07:52 AM
Craftsman

Rvjimd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 1:50 Dragline

Ya, all of the gold fish started out life as little tiny feeders that I rescued from the pet store. There are also a bunch of them that were spawned in the pond the first year, so they would be coming up in three years old now.

A few of them are getting pretty big!

As far as a plan. We had a giant oak tree where the small patio is now at the bottom of the stairs. Well, it decided to come down on the house in a wind storm about four years ago. It smashed the deck, and the house. We had to resurface the deck and decided to add the center stairs and brick patio at the bottom. I said, hey, what about a pond? And if we're doing a pond, how about a river section running under the stairs? Cause if we're gona do that, the river should go in before the stairs. And the plan always included a lock chamber to a lower pool. And the entire project for me was about running tow boats and barges thru the lock?

The sand loading and crane just sort of came along naturally.

I need to find some large grit sand blast sand. I am hoping it will dredge better than the general purpose sand I have. I have tried some dredging, but the material sticks in the bucket when it gets wet. The pea gravel is too big and round and smooth and does not scoop up well.

I have also been studying the screener videos that Joe started. I think that if I could screen the sand I have, some of it might be well suited for part of the operation.

Thanks for the comments!

Jim