View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 4 Hour Bruder Dozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tonto* View Post
After reading this entire build thread like 20 times, the craftsmanship and detail you put into these machines just blows my mind. I could watch your builds for hours, and I would still not have seen enough. You have inspired me to build my first Bruder dozer. I noticed that you had a carton of the metal track pads in one picture. Just wondering if they were just put in there, or were modified pieces of some sort? Also on #2 it looks like you used a different method of attaching the pads to the chain drive. I would like to use your ideas for my own build and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once again well done, and thank you for your builds.

*TONTO*
Thanks tonto and welcome to the forum. I see you are in Vancouver. Perhaps we will see you at one of our shows on the island this year? The track pads are made from trim that you can buy at Home Depot or Rona. It comes in 8' lengths so you will need to cut it to the size needed and drill the holes for mounting. The chain used on dozer #2 is #35(3/8 pitch) with K1 attachment on every other link. If you have any other questions fire away. Good luck with the conversion should you take it on!

Reg