Thread: Cat loader help
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Espeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura aboutEspeefan has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Cat loader help

If you haven't had any experience at all with radio controlled models, I would suggest you buy yourself nice kit and jump right in. A Wedico Caterpillar 966G might be a steep learning curve for you though, so I suggest you take a look at the Tamiya semi truck kits, or any other kit that you have an interest in. Buggy, monster truck, ect. It doesn't really matter. Pick one you like, and build it.

Tamiya manuals are probably some of the easiest to read and understand. Wedico manuals are not, so you're going to want to work your way up to it. If you can put together a Tamiya truck, you'll be well on your way. When you buy your radio, it will come with a manual which will explain what you need to know to set up the electronics. The same with your electronic speed controller, which is what gives you proportional throttle and direction control for the electric motor that drives the model.

If you can read a manual and understand what needs to be done, you'll do just fine. If you don't understand something, you can always post a question here on the forum. There are plenty of guys willing to help you out. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Although I could write a book about everything RC and explain it all, I feel like the best experience and knowledge you will get will come from actually digging in and getting your hands dirty, so to speak. The hobby is a lot fun and it can be as complicated or as easy as you like. Start off slow and enjoy it. That's the best advice I can offer.