Thread: 990 cat loader
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Fabrication and design , super moderator

ihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the roughihbuilder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: 990 cat loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpusher9 View Post
The loader is looking great Steve, if your not careful it is going to weigh as mush as my dozer.
thanks Joe , heh heh I think it's getting close for some reason , I can't make anything light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
I get goosebumps looking at this thing. Love the rear tire squat! What a beast!
aw , it's not that scary the rear tires just need some more air thanks Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerst View Post
Looks great!

kerst
thanks Kerst

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
woaw! truly amazed by this professional built. just wonder how you get to the drawings to steer the CNC machines. are this self made in cad? looks phenomenal!
Thanks Cat , 1st it started as a pic from the sales brochure imported into auto-cad , scaled to 1:14 scale , many hrs. of tracing and tuning up the tracing . 2nd ,many hrs. of design of all the components as an assembly .
3rd , break the assembly into parts , duplicate where needed , place parts of same thickness on that certain thickness plate in such a way as to min. waste . keep in mind I'm doing all my designs in 2D . 4th import part plate file to cam , hrs. of programing ( for me any way ) , simulate to make sure everything is what you want (IMPORTANT) double check , triple check , maybe quad check . 5th, load file in machine and set up (IMPORTANT) double check , triple check , maybe quad check 6th , push green button and watch crunching action in blink of eye only if you DID NOT , double check , triple check , maybe quad check . As you can see this CNC thing has and still is a rough road for me yet I still like hand cranks , but , with what I can do on the VMC now , this CNC thing is catching on .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.