Thread: Bob's M1070
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Wannabe

kingbob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bob's M1070

Have had some time over the christmas break, so got started on the chassis. The mounts on the Integy axles arent a direct fit for the stock truck suspension setup. It does have mounting holes at the right width though, so after a bit of experimentation, came up with the following mounts.

Managed to use kit parts in different places to keep the front suspension layout mostly the same, including the leaf spring, but used Tamiya oil filled semi shocks instead.

The rear is similar, but used 2 sets of plastic arms. Again used kit parts, but oil shocks.

In both cases the frame sits a bit higher from the axle than stock, but should give it that right sort of high look i hope. My only concern is the rear axles. On a stock kit, the axles can rock easily on the leaf springs, which gives them some nice soft suspension. But the way i've done them does away with that. Its quite firm, i dont think they'll have that sort of easy adjustment/movement in them. But if i just use stock spring shocks, it'll be too soft, it'll sag because of the weight.

Any ideas?

Rear:

Front:

Still waiting on the centre axles.