View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Great Dane excavating co.

Couldn’t wait so I peeled open mold to see how tire looks,, some small air bubbles but this is the backside of tire so they will not be visiable. And hopefully the next ones will be better. I really was using this tire to test amount of pigment added. Looks good in that respect. The air bubbles are difficult to exterminate with this type of tire design and mold. And from using this material before I don’t have much time to use it. Set up time is 5-7 minuets. Sounds like long enough but by the time you thoroughly mix it then the time it takes to pour in small holes , and the reality of it thickening around 3-5 minuets, tilting and shakeing to get trapped air out goes quick. And from experience I don’t have enough time to mix it then vacuum degass it then pour. So it is what it is. Guess that’s why the pros that make these custom are $$. Put the mold back together and will let sit till tomorrow.