View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 03:15 AM
Journeyman

Hemi1966 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CAT 14M3 Motor Grader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelmaynia View Post
Hello hemi1966,
I am very impressed with your work. I am a fellow machinist and I also use fusion 360 for my CAD and CAM. I want to start a build of my own but the biggest obstacle finding scale drawings or even the 1:1 size to be able to scale down. Can you please share where you are getting your dimensions from. Also some photos of your machines and maybe some work holding. I really like the idea of building them yourself versus buying a manufactured version. Thank you in advance for the help with the drawing sources. Jeremy.
The big difficulty when making these is the lack of scale drawings
I first get a 1:50 scale die cast model of the object, with that you can get some measurement.
The machine brochure usually have some dimension drawings.
One place to look is also this: https://avspare.com/, there you can get some idea of the parts.

Drawing a part that is more complex often takes more time than actual machining. The following parts assembly I was drawing many, many, hours

Click my signature at the end of this message to get to my Youtube channel to see some machining videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.