Thread: tree farmer c7
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 01:32 AM

Nikaem is on a distinguished road
Default tree farmer c7

hope this is where I should put this
junk pile skidder
so I finished the KMC awhile back. I have a collection of toy grade tuck axels and all kinds of other parts so I was trying to figure out what to do with them. after looking at the pile for about a week I decided that the one set of tires looked very much like they belonged to a log skidder. so I figured why not build a skidder out of this pile of junk. I now have two different chassis in the works. Since I have never seen a true scale looking grapple and I already perfected my chokers I am building an old line skidder. so if you start looking at skidders buck in the 80's and 90's there were a lot of brands to choose from. I did a pile of searching and downloaded a pile of pictures and finally decided on the now out of business Franklin Tree Farmer they have some nice lines and a lot of detail. that said the problems start not the build that is progressing okay it is the color it is sort of the color of Mountain Dew but more green

as you can see it is a specific color I thought I had no pics but here is a couple

The wheels were truck style so I re modeled them to look more industrial.

I finished the blade but it is the wrong color will remedy that soon

started the trays for esc servo receiver and battery.

then I got started on the body.

cut out the windows.

built the window screens.

so got the right paint and here it is as a roller

I really think the body is narrow and one axle seems wider so after some looking I found that there were two different axel ends now they are all the same but I did chop the body and made it wider so it looks better now