View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Here Kitty Kitty...

So I have a problem... I visited the local hobby shop today (over an hour away)with the intension of buying a BEC. I explained my situation with the sabertooth and was told my new 12v lead acid 5ah battery probably wasn't able to take the load so I was talked into connecting a 6v battery directly onto the +- wires for each servo leaving only the white wires attached to the reciever instead of running a BEC. When I do this and operate my boom(screwdrive) the bucket servos do not react properly in fact they just viberate in one spot until I stop moving the boom and then they go flying into position. If I plug the servos in as normal and plug the battery into the batt/bind slot everything works fine but I was advised against this because they thought the current draw from 4 high torque servos may melt my reciever. Any thoughts? I think I should have stuck with plan A. Using a seperate battery does solve the reset problem but I honestly think if I ran a BEC it would too. I feel that if my 12v battery wasn't up to snuff the screwdrive would slow down when the other stuff stops working but it doesn't miss a beat. I don't really have the space to run a second battery without fitment issues. What do you guys think? Do you think I am drawing too much power for a BEC to help?

Sorry for all the questions but I think you guys are more in tune with this than the local shop.

Thanks Reg

I need this thing to work properly for next weekend!