View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Green Horn

Thorsteenster is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Powered all-thread and nut lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamer View Post
Like playing pool, it's all about the angles. When the slider starts to push it's basicaly trying to push the front end out of the box. Because of the rear hinge, the box has no were to go but up and it does real fast. As the slider goes through the middle and the screw rpm remains the same it looks slower because of the lift angle. Should design a compensator circuit gives max torque at the start, and as the amps start to drop off mid lift, it brings the voltage up to increase the screw rpm making it look more consistent . I'm sure someone on here should be able come up with a circuit. If not, I'll put some thought into it when I get into my dump build.
Rob
Now that would be sweet, if that's something you can do, just being you thought of it I'm guessing you can, than by all means!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I used the Carson sissor style unit in my King Hauler dump truck. It is very smooth and powerful plus it's speed remains constant. It's designed for their trailer so it takes a bit of modification to fit between Tamiya frame rails but I found it well worth the work.
That's what I'm planning on trying on mine, a scissor lift. Seem you get the best lift for the shortest stroke. I couldn't find it on Carson's site, have a link?

Last edited by Thorsteenster; 08-29-2010 at 09:53 PM.