View Single Post
Old 05-11-2014, 01:15 AM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: Something new to rc

3yo combine, just under 500 thresher hrs. I could have easy gone another yr without major work, but with a falling dollar & the combine another yr older, the trade difference could really sky rocket!!! My dealer made me a good deal on a 2014 that didn't sell last yr before harvest season, carryover stock they wanted to get rid of.

I use a 36' draper head made by Honey Bee, the factory is about 50 miles from my farm. The header is an '02, it's pretty solid yet, I don't see ant cracks anywhere & the dealership won't give me any trade value on it b/c of its age... so as long as the frame holds together, I'll keep using it.

I don't know anything about tier 4 yet, I just drove it home that day & parked in the shed. It's gonna be a pain in the neck to buy the right amount of def fluid for the season b/c it has no shelf life! Other than that, I haven't heard of any problems from others with New Holland or CaseIH combines... John Deere on the otherhand with their re-burn system for tier 4, a lot of combines burnt up in 2012, didn't hear about quite as many last yr.

It's the way of future, good or bad, gotta deal with it eventually.

Here's a video of me seeding yesterday... 1st time using my IPhone to shoot film, you gotta tilt your for the 1st minute, then I got it right side up - with a bit of help from youtube's editing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCkeWQPe8I4

Joe