View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

9W Monighan will become famous soon enough9W Monighan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Marion 5561 Stripping Shovel

There are so many details to figure out it may take a very long time to build this. I sure hope not as long as my drag since with this machine, I do have a pretty good supply of info to work with and better technology with my drafting program vs. the old programs I used to use. Too bad there aren't any of these shovels existing today to get some detailed pictures and measurements of areas not covered in my parts book. A trip to the coal museum in Cadiz Ohio may clear some of this up. I'm told there are alot of photos of Hanna's operations there. Something I'll be trying this time around I just found out about today is, software that will take my parts book scan and convert it to a file that will work with AutoCad. I need to learn more about 3D drawing like some of you guys use here on the board to design their models to help me visualize what I'm building for fit.
Steve- Your right we will need lots of dozers to work the bottom of the pit cleaning up the missed rocks and cleaning off the coal seam

Dan- I my smash a truck when this thing's door opens. I haven't converted the dipper size yet but I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 7.25''x7.25''x7.25''

Tom, Jared- Somebody needs to build a smaller shovel with this Knee Action I saw a Lego model of the Marion 6360 "Captain" shovel on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSUJyl_uFGE