View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Journeyman

rockNmayhem is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New MAN 8X8 Dump Truck With Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
That truck looks killer Tyler!! Im not a big fan of the Man's but one with a dump looks pretty cool. I cant wait to see what you do to it redoing the frame and getting rid of all those rivits. Cant wait to see it with the pup on it! What kind of lift does it have? screwdrive or hyd?
The truck came without any lift mechanism but judging by the whole under side covered in oil I'm gonna say it must have had a hydraulic unit on it to begin with. I however will be making an all electric system and using a self made electric actuator to lift the bed and hopefully build a working rear gate that is remote operational.

Anywho, got the body off tonight and started tidying up the wiring and read up on the mfu along with got my radio ordered so hopefully early next week I can get this truck back together in better shape and get some video of it in action.

Also wondering if anyone has any ideas as to where I can get a cheap set of replacement fenders. The cheapest I've found is a set on flea bay for $46+ shipping and I'm thinking that seems like over kill. If anyone has a set hit me up I'd like to fix this rig all at once. :roll eyes:

Thanks for looking and I'll get some progress pics for everyone tomorrow.

Tyler