View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 09:45 PM
BANNED

Lil Giants has disabled reputation
Default Re: LilGiantsConstrCO

I've been tinkering all week with the 450 trying to get it to work just the way I want it to... I find this hyd pump & motor combo (900ml/min) to be putting out way too much flow, and with only 14mm cyl bores it extends/retracts far too quick.

During my testing I found a leaker too, the delivery tube on the stick cyl needed re-soldering. And having these extra valves on the hoe, I was able to the test the cyl without having to install on the model.

I also changed the hoses from the valves to the brass tubes from 4/2.5mm to 4/2mm to restrict oil flow somewhat to help slow it down. I checked the bores of both 2.5mm fittings & 2mm fittings with a drill bit & they're both the same at 1.5mm. The 4/2mm hose is a softer, more flexible rubber & slipped over the 2.5 fitting no problem.

I have this rpm speed sensing tool from Reed, I used it to precisely set my pump motor at 50%. Full speed is 9000rpm. What I had thought was less than half by listening to it was actually 5800rpm. Now it's at 4500rpm. I set the pressure to 18bar.

Running the model on the bench, the hyd movement seems about right & perhaps fluent movements will be more manageable... off to the basement for more trials & tuning.

I didn't have much for esc's in my inventory, currently using a Banebot, the swing drive seems a little choppy. The Servonaut MFR esc that Frank sent with the kit to use for the swing drive, I used it in my 4206 in the electric steering actuator last spring. The MFR works super smooth in that application. Gonna have to get another MFR or a few of them.

Joe