View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 05:59 AM
Wannabe

Rimrock is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RC4WD 870K Loader - Warning - Potential axle problems

Hi,
The axles are just poorly designed and manufactured. I've got 4 of them on my workbench now. The bearing supports in the castings are not machined and thus not precise (which is difficult and time consuming concerning castings, due to the task of aligning and fixing of the pieces to the machine table) Diff. gears are castings with less of more precition. The bolted connection of axle house and the hub/planet gear supports in the wheels, are a weak link, and the 4 hard to reach bolts in each connection will over time come loose, if not proper thread sealer is used. The problem of applying much thread sealer is that one can easily ruin the bolt heads when trying to unloosen the bolts again...
The machine is designed and produced in China, or Hong Kong, rc4wd is just a dealer and can just replace old crap with new crap..I guess so machines by luck have some higher quality axle/gear casting parts, but it seams to be a lottery what you get in a new machine, or as replacement parts..
I am currently developing new axle units for one of my friends loader, using high end CNC machined truck axles and adapting the loader's hubs/planetary gearings to them. Will come back with some more info and pictures later on..