View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 01:37 AM
Wannabe

up9018 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: About the Kenworth RC blues.

I enjoy building he Tamiya kit and wouldn't buy it as RTR if they offered it for the same money. Tamiya stuff is well engineered and goes together superbly and to me, building it up is half the fun.

Tamiya has a great drive and suspension system, even if it's not quite true to life, it works well and has been proven over the years and is very robust. I would be highly disappointed if they changed that.

To be honest janderson, in my opinion there is only one thing you need to do and that is finish the job you started with the Grand Hauler. That truck was a great improvement over the King, but you left the same old body. If you guys simply made some minor changes (which I know aren't really minor) to that body you would have a killer truck. Take the headlights off the fenders and mount them to the grill, move the fenders and axle forward, get rid of the sunroof in the cab, delete the divots in the upper rear of the sleeper and bring the sleeper roof down. Don't worry if it is true Peterbilt, or KW, or Mack, or whatever. Make a body with those mods, put it in a Grand Hauler package and I think your truck kit would be out of this world. Plus, those changes are just plastic; and you wouldn't need to license it.

And before anybody says "you can buy a hood kit and ......."; that is not what I'm saying. It is my opinion of what I think Tamiya should do to make themselves a REALLY REALLY great kit. Cause nobody (well almost) truly expects them to make every truck under the sun.