View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 02:27 PM

A1 Dirt is on a distinguished road
Default RC4WD 870K Loader – No Battery

I received my 870K Loader a week ago. I can’t say much about it, because there is no battery available. It just sits. The battery referenced on the 870K web page is for the 4200XL and will not fit. Mike of RC4WD says a new battery should be available in 2 – 3 weeks. If I’d known this, I might have postponed ordering until Spring. In 4 weeks, it could be the rainy season.

RC4WD says the battery specs are: 11.1V 30C 5000mAh 3S LiPo. Battery size must not exceed: 140mm X 30mm X 40mm

The ESC has an XT60 connector.

If anyone has found a battery that will fit, please let me know. I found one that might work, but it could be a tight fit.

Also, if anyone has mapped out the radio controls, please let me know what you found. I’d like to run the cylinders through their limits by hand, before running the pump, if I can.

Overall the 870K looks good – impressive. A closer look found that two cylinder caps were loose. I just pressed them back onto the cylinders. Hopefully that is all that was needed?
cyls (Small).jpg
RC4WD is discounting the 870K by $200, because there is no longer a sound system.

Shipping is direct from Hong Kong, via DHL. The 870K shipped a week after the wire transfer. From the day it was shipped, it only took three days to get to me. I am on the west coast, but not in any kind of metropolitan area.

More once I am able to run it.