Thread: Liebherr 944B
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2014, 02:12 PM
Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liebherr 944B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Giants View Post
I use 4s 5000, easy digging is over an hour, hard digging about 40-50 minutes.

The latest models from Fumotec have rubber feet about 8mm tall. If nothing else shorter available, I'm sure you could cut out a square piece of rubber from tractor tire tube, the type that are filled with chloride as they much thicker than a car tire tube. But maybe a car tire tube would be enough.

Thats exactly what I was thinking of, have ordered some off ebay. Can you run these motors on a 4s ok?

I've put a piece of 3mm rubber under it for now, its a lot better but still get the vibration through the mounting bolts.

After about an hour last night it looked like this:

Then spent this afternoon milling and came up with this (love my old bridgeport):

Even if/when I do get the compo, I'm fed up with Premacon/THS not answering emails so thought I'd give it a go repairing it.

I think once its bolted and glued in place then painted should look ok and will probably be stronger than the original, may even make a complete new boom in the future.

Not sure whether to make some brass bushes for the pivot or just leave the steel pin in the ally with a splodge of grease???

Now where to find Liebherr yellow, or do I go white