Wannabe

Stuart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Liebherr 944B

Quote:
Originally Posted by apfubar View Post
Stu,
Liebherr Modelle is now know as Premacon

FYI on the pump...

There is a newer one out which is much quieter, Premacon has it on their website. If I recall correctly 3s is the maximum for this pump, and yes it works pretty well.

I am still running the older one as well... I must admit I never thought of the rubber blocks... I should have. But then the noise isn't too loud on mine, and when other trucks are running at shows and such, you definitely can't hear it.

I do recall another customer replacing their standard boom with a demolition one, if I can find the link I will pass it on. Finally I have the same THS marking on mine, as stated by Lil Giants THS and Premacon were working together for a while.

Cheers,
Andrew P.
Any idea why the new pump is quieter? is it a different internal design or the drive system? or is just because its on rubber mounts???

Mines not super loud but noticible that its reverberating through the base plate, if you unbolt it and hold away from the base you will notice a huge difference.

I will shoot a before and after vid once my rubber mounts arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakthi View Post
Great repair and interesting to see how those booms are made!

Since you are in France, why not give the people at Premacon a phone call? Faster than writing an email and waiting for reply.

Hope you get it sorted soon and at least get some compensation for the trouble caused by customs/shipper!

Cheers!

Stephan
I'm at work when they are open and mobile reception here isn't great so its easier to email.

Got a response from Premacon this week, a new boom is 400 euros and the dipper cylinder is 200 euros.

Still waiting for oz post to get back with an answer re compensation, should let us know by wednesday next week.

So i've been continuing with my repair job, glued and screwed my new piece on, filled the screw heads and painted it:

Its not a bad paint match, liebherr don't use a RAL colour so used the nearest I could find, once cut back and polished should be ok me thinks. Just got to wait for it to dry now.

I want to add a filter to the hydraulic system, where should I plumb it in, on the return to tank or the suction side of the pump?

Also what would you recommend for hydraulic oil?

Cheers
Stu