View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 08:23 AM
Losiassociated

Default Re: Lookin for YOUR opinion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiya Cowboy View Post
"POST *****" is someone who just posts to get a post count. Now over here we had a problem with a few members you would go into a section and see 15 threads that they posted in in a row and they were one or two word comments like "Nice" or "Sweet" or "WOW" just to raise there count so they could use the buy sell trade. Now over on scale your post count will build you a truck the more posts you make the better the truck is we were going to do that with semis but we backed out of the idea as we thought it just helped cause the problem. We want guys to comment but really say something and mean it..

Now Greg doing one thread for all builds.. I have done that in the past for 5 years on many boards and it really does not work well.. I normally have 2 to 3 builds going at one time as I get board on one and if they are all in the same thread it is very hard to up date and guys dont know what you are updating and when it really is sort of a mess the one way that way would work well is if a builder would have a section to there self but that too would be a mess in its self with the number of great builders out there the fourm would not be a community it would be a bunch of small community's in one large one.

Builders like you Greg that do many builds I dont call that 'POST WHORING" I just call that building and that is great your not just trying to run your numbers up you are just doing your thing building for the love of it and that is what it is all about..

TC..
Well said,
I agree with you 100 % but I didn't relize the problem in doing it that way it looked so cool the way you could find all your build in one spot.

Greg