View Single Post
Old 04-24-2016, 04:34 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Got around to actually doing something on the MAN again.

Had noticed that the fuel tank supports were not lining up. By moving the left one over to the right, it is not longer really on the more narrow part of the frame. So took the spacer out and replaced it with regular nuts.

That taken care off, time to do the bowden cables for the rear and front diff locks.

First I needed to bolt the holder for the servo that will operate the rear diff locks to the frame again.

Also needed to bolt a holder for the rear cable hose to the frame. As with the Arocs, I drilled the 2mm hole out to 2.5mm to facilitate inserting the cable.

The run of the cable is pretty straight forward.

The first rear axle still has the "old style" guide on the diff. So needed to loosen the screw so I could get the cable guide in there.

Wasted some time by trying out a couple of variations of running this cable to see what would work best.

Ended up with bolting the front axle back to the frame. Didn't get around to doing the bowden cable for this one. This will be a more interesting exercise since the servo goes into the fuel tank.

Might take the cable guides back out and paint them red or black, that way they don't stand out too much.

Also been painting some other bits and pieces. Was surprised to find out that the fifth wheel is cast bronze.