View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 01:35 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

So after yesterday's post, took the cable stuff of again to paint it black. Was not too happy with the way I had them running either, the bends should be much smoother so there is less stress on the servo.

Painting the cable guides black didn't work out too well as you can see on the pictures. Will need some retouching.

Since I had the cable out, I made the hole through which they go to the servo holder a bit larger.

I also drilled one of the holes in the frame out to 3.5mm so I can run the servo cable through it to the other side side the frame.

To run the cables a different way, I needed one more clamp to go on the frame

As you can see the clamps have no thread near the top. ScaleART provided 2.5 mm nuts to go there. Too lazy to search for them, so I just drilled out the thread in a 2mm nut instead. Same result.

Blue arrow is the newly installed clamp

Ran the cable for the front axle first. I also installed the rear prop shaft to make sure nothing gets tangled up.

Not too happy with this way either. The bowden cable gets hung up in the frame hole. And the clamp on the other side of the frame is not in the right location. So dumped that idea.

Here both installed in a way they have free movement, don't rub too much and have nice big bends.

In the following 2 pics you can also see the amount of movement in the prop shaft. I did put grease on the shaft, was a bit tight after painting. Also put Loctite on the grub screws holding the prop shaft to the axles.

I also removed the clamp I installed yesterday since I didn't need it.

So now to the front axle ... Had to install engine/gearbox/propshafts to check for interference with the cable.

Cable can run like this

This is where we are at now ...

Seems that before I can do the servo in the fuel tank, I will have to add some more bits and pieces to the frame to know the almost exact position of the fuel tank. Also time to dig out the electronics to set the servos in "neutral" so I can start cutting the actual cables.