View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 03:43 AM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

The missing picture of the cable going to the front differential.

The servo block installed in front. Not the easiest of installs - a bit difficult to line the holes up, but with some patience it all comes together without too many problems.

Next up the bowden cable from the center differential.
Not the most accessible place and should have checked for fit before installing the motor/gearbox unit. Had to clear some paint from the opening, not so easy with unit in place.

The cable loops from the right side to the left side, goes behind the crossbrace and loops back towards the front on the right side to end up at the servo.

The cable clamp at the servo is not accessible. The front axle blocks it.

Solution, undo the clamp, run cable through it and tighten the grub screw

Then you can run the teflon tube through it, followed by the steel pull cable.

Here installed, together with the front steering rod.

The gearbox linkage next. This gets installed with gearbox in 2nd gear (indicated with a mark on the rod that comes out of the gearbox)

Last are the pull cable for the 2 rear axles. Because I was first planning an air suspension, I cut off the cable clamps and drilled a hole next to it. I should have ordered new bits from ScaleART for this, but didn't think about it. Oh well. So I just installed as I would have had to do for the air suspension.

I ran the cable in a loop (fine tweezers sure are handy here)

Tighten the loop and slide the provided sleeve in place.

As added security, I also put a good amount of superglue on the cables before taking pliers to the sleeve.

Cables tensioned at the servo.