View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hayes HD dump truck...RCP's style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
Beautiful! I just noticed all the other details I somehow over looked. The radius arms for the front axle, the exhaust pipe running down and forward towards the engine, the air tanks, and plumbing. Love those outdoor photos too. The air horns look great. Your front window gaskets are nice too. That can't be the same stuff you used on your big trucks, is it?
Thanks Nate. I was trying my best to keep things looking as authentic as possible while running stock Tamiya drivetrain. The real 4640 diffs look a lot different than any available RC stuff so there wasn't much I could do there short of making my own. The steering should be different as well but to keep it simple I left things fairly stock up front too. I knew if I started to make all of this stuff from scratch the truck wouldn't be done in time for the July truck show. The window gaskets are just wiper blades like on the other trucks. I searched through the used wipers i have hoarded and found some that were a little narrower than what I used on the KW. They are a bit too wide but will do the job good enough!

Reg