View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 12:42 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

frizzen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wanco vertical mast arrow board

Zabco, I didn't intend for anyone to take offense or feel called out. I love seeing your work and how much more it kicks up the realism!
But i also randomly like to Shake the Monkey-Tree, to see if anybody is paying attention.

Those portable stopsigns look very sweet! Are they functional and coordinated too?

My hackjob of an arrow board started as Stuck in traffic watching one, designed the rest of circuit sitting in traffic. The tougher part was trying to learn the correct name, to find a manufacturer with listed specs or a scaled pdf drawing. Wanco had the documents available, so it 'won'.

The industry i work in is even more full of standards and regulations, often with differing regulatory bodies overlapping all over the world with similar or conflicting things. Somehow it feels fairly natural to try digging into the various guidelines to see what's going on. The minutia of a "square on point" sign, or how many flashes per minute isn't that exciting, but it still beats watching a bunch of millionares playing Sportsball.

I try to build most of the world to 1/14 scale. Then a lot of the cars i've converted are somewhere 1/14 - 1/16, or just not scaled correctly. The semis are usually claimed to be 1/13.5 scale. The excavators 1/12 - 1/16 scale...

Mostly i'm trying to hype myself up to make a stow/deploy handle, do the final wiring, and finish this thing in case i hear about a Winter indiana meet.

I dunno. I've gotten similar to reactions when people find out i'm into "Hobby Grade RC'' stuff, but i absolutely don't care about how fast the latest project can go. It cost how much? You're NOT racing? Mind blown!