View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 09:34 PM
Out of control

fhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud offhhhstix has much to be proud of
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal View Post
I reread you're reply, and I was referring to the fact that he asked about the instructions not indicating a way to modify the system so fenders could be used, not removed. You're second reply included a scan from the instructions, but again this indicates only that the fenders have to be removed. I believe his comment, that it should indicate this issue on the box, was if it had he may not have bought it. I relate this to a computer game I bought not to long ago. No where on the box did it state that I would have to create an account on a host site to install and play it, if it had I would not have bought it. I'm planning to get a Grand hauler myself, and I would have been pissed if I open the box to find one of my favorite features of it can't be used. Fortunately I'm already using the SS-Tronix system in my globe and don't need the stock mechanism for the legs. Many people have had issues with the system for the legs most commonly I think would be that it sticks or gets jammed at times, and that you have to lineup straight on for it to work, yet it's been unchanged for how many years now and no one gave those people a hard time about reading the instructions. My suggestion for replying to threads in which people voice their opinions about an item is maybe something like "I see your point, and I'll pass that on to the designers so they can work on a way to possibly remedy it". My main reason for mentioning it in the earlier post was that he posted a tread to express his feelings about a product, not a person. Yet a few people jumped on him for it. Would you blame him if he never posted on this forum again. We should be here to support each other. As I said before I love Tamiya, but even I at times as I'm building a kit, think "What were they thinking". Ask me about the new Honda City Turbo (Willy's Wheeler rerelease)some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyvet View Post
Almost twenty year's ago I built the King Hauler. I figured after that many year's since my last Semi build, that Tamiya would still be awesome.
If you ask me, IMO, I think they might be dropping the ball a little.
The King Hauler had very few part's that required glue, and after it was done everything seemed to work like it should.
I built the Grand Hauler and posted my pic's. I don't recall having to use so much glue. If they are going to have hop ups like motorized legs and such, why not make sure that it work's without messing up my aluminum fender's?
At least state in the directions how to modify the build so a feller can use the part's that made him want the model in the first place.

The MCU-01 is really nice with all the sound's and gizmo's, but why make it so fragile that it cannot handle 5-10 even thirty more low volt led's? When you consider the cost of the MCU-01,it seems to me you could at least use the interior that come's with the $300 - $400 kit.
So far, the only thing I am impressed with with the Grand Hauler is the large metal stack's...that being said, the King Hauler is still King.
As far as the reefer trailer, don't even get me started on the plastic side's...
Wedico may very well be my next truck.

Joe did point out that the directions do state that the fenders will not work with the support legs and showed where in the directions. His aluminum fenders were not part of the kit. If he still wants to use the fenders then raise the fifth wheel and add thicker pads to the bottom of the support legs to match. The whole point is here if you add a modification don’t complain because it does not work ask for suggestions on how to make the aftermarket parts work with the stock kit. There was no misleading here if you follow the directions and keep it stock the parts will work together.

RIP FreddyGearDrive 2-12-59/12-19-11