View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 01:17 PM

Krewmember is on a distinguished road
Default Re: LINN Model DD-15 "HafTrak" Dump (1/14)

I'm back with a update on the Linn. I finally have some progress to show after a lot of research, I have a designed a prototype of the differential and final drives for the tractor. The trouble this entire build has been a lack of info, I quickly discovered that it is vary hard to find any technical or dimensional info about Linn tractors. I had a breakthrough when I found this post on the justoldtrucks forums by user 'Linntractornut' http://forums.justoldtrucks.com/2169...-Technical-etc in this post I found this image.

Its a scan of a Linn parts book! And of the differential and final drives big thanks to 'Linntractornut' of shaing this info. So I finally had something to scale off.

Here is a photo of the differential in the real thing.

I this designed a model in CAD to allow me 3d print a prototype and hopefully CNC finished parts out of aluminum.

Lots of failed prints and designs later...

I have this.

The differential is out of a 1/16 Traxxas E-revo and it is perfect size for this! I got the idea to use this differential from kerst's Liebherr LTM 1055 S-4 build. Thanks Kerst.

Now for the final drives gears I was going to cut my own as I now have a mill and indexing head but, I found that 48 Pitch gears which are commonly used in RC cars are perfect size. Using CAD I determined that a 12T pinion and 60t spur fits perfectly in the final drive case.

So this how it sits. I will be working on machining the half shafts and a drive shaft, finishing the other track and hooking up a motor so it can finally move under its own power!

-Shawn-