View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

RCP57 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: RCP57's first King...

You guys were having fun guessing what that is hey? You all were right, it's just a cheap BEC that I had in my pile. The drawback to the Sabertooth esc is it only provides a 1 amp BEC. This truck has some cheap Towerpro metal gear servos in it that are really power hungry and without the external BEC it goes into protection mode when you steer and shift at the same time. I think if I switched to higher quality servos I could probably go without it but this was a quick fix.

Nate, I am not sure if I will start building anything in this scale or not. I am considering selling this truck and if I did then I would buy another one but I really doubt I will have a 1/14 fleet anytime soon. I took the truck outside for the first time today and drove it around. I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed with it after being used to stuff that is so much bigger and heavier. I guess if I locked the rear diff and geared it down I would like it more. I also think it would make a huge difference if I had an inside place to play. My 1/10 stuff is too HUGE for cruising in the house/shop whereas the 1/14 is no problem. Never say never though!