View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 12:38 PM
Craftsman

modelman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dragline Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbuilder View Post
Modelman, there's plenty of interest in the build so please don't delete it. Those controllers you have made are just brilliant. Watching your thread with interest.
Thank you-I like the controllers also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikem View Post
The operator seemed to be working very well ,I would have tangled the lines like an extension cord ! Mike
Thanks-A dragline is pretty simple to run, only-3-functions, but I am having a hard time handling the controls. Guess it is about time to hang it up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
Just think of the hours of enjoyment that model has given yourself!! One hellofa project!! Sometimes I loose interest in completed projects too, I guess that's why I never really have any finished ones . That's some pretty nice reworking on the controls!!
Thank you-You are absolutely right!! I have spent many hours running this model. I always wanted to get on a real dragline but this is as close as I got. The controls work nice but still need a bit of tweaking. I have said before that building is more fun than running but I guess that depends on everyones situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigo View Post
I like your control alot, I like that it is large , makes it more realistic. The more you have to change things to work better is just interesting and fun in itself.
Thanks-I had to make the controls large because I could not operate a radio anymore (too small). Also I like the realism of it.