View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 07:10 PM
Apprentice

kerst is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Krupp 180GMT 1/20

The rebuilding is complete!
After I rearranged the carrier and made all functions (except for the outriggers) RC controllable, I started work on the upper.
I was never happy with the upper and I decided to take all the motors out and replace them with new ones. I also changed the telescoping mechanism and installed the motor and spindle in the boom. That is a great improvement. The hoist also uses a spindle, but a better one than the old one. The counterweight has a motor inside and this way it can attach itself to the upper. All together there are 6 functions. Since I have only 4 feeds I had to add 2 switches on the upper.
With all these changes I gained a lot of space and there was ample space for a battery for the carrier. It connects with a plugin cable.
With all this rebuilding I tried not change the parts that worked well. I am pretty happy with the result, although some painting is needed,

The motor compartment of the truck:

The new swing motor and the 2 motors for the winches.

The boom hoist

Here a comparison of the old and the new.

The other side. Lots of electric connectors. The battery is connected via this little storage box next to the hoist cylinder.

Kerst