View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 06:27 PM

sassgrunt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soviet ZiS 150 cab and bed

I'm with you folks, but seem to be running a day late and a dollar short. I bought both the cab and bed from King Kong RC (from eBay). They said that they couldn't ship both together (to save on costs, I hoped) because they were already boxed separately. Okay, no problem. The bed arrived promptly on the 22nd, but not the cab. Two days later and still nothing. The tracking info on eBay said that BOTH had been delivered on the 22nd, so the mailman told me to go check the USPS website. That said that both had arrived at their Honolulu sort facility; that one had been delivered on the 22nd and the other was out for delivery. It never showed up, and there was no change in status for the next five days. Then on the 28th, it said that it had been delivered - to GUAM, of all places! Today it says that it's out for delivery, (but I have no idea to where....back here?...somewhere on Guam)?
Anyway, I am hoping to eventually get it. Until them, I am considering possibilities. I'd really like to build something WW2-ish; either Soviet or maybe a 1940's International K-series tractor. I also ordered a set of King Kong's tires that are meant to fit the Tamiya rims. These look like the uni-directional military tires, but I really don't know what to do to modify the Tamiya rims to NOT look like modern ones. And, I haven't seen any aftermarket replacement wheels that look like they're from the 40's or 50's.

Last edited by sassgrunt; 07-29-2017 at 06:30 PM.