View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bruder small Cat conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvjimd View Post
I went thru no less that 5 variations on my Oliver diecast conversion. I started with servos, went to micro gear motors and have finally ended with mini planetary gear motors and it working really well.

Keep at it, if nothing else (like me) you will learn something you can apply to some other project.

I don't mind seeing the "failures" it helps me learn also!

Jim
I've thought of gear motors, but haven't found any that will fit. I'm real limited with the amount of room on the inside for motors.

SmallHaul, on here does a conversion of these, & in the description of his Youtube vid, it says he uses servos for the drive motors. I've sourced a continuous servo that has a spline that allows me to use the style of mounting brackets I'd like to use. HOPEFULLY, with this set up I can get it working.

I've already learned a fair bit. I as well like seeing OTHER PEOPLES failures so I can learn from their mistakes. I don't like it so much when it's my time & money wasted to find failure. Most everything on this forum that I found for a conversion like this has Photo Bucket pics. Photobutt ISN'T letting me view the pics of the builds Without pics/vids of their successes, &/or failures, it's difficult for me to know what has, & hasn't worked. I learn better from pictures than reading about it! I learn even better when shown while it's done AKA videos &/or being shown in person