View Single Post
Old 03-27-2016, 08:28 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

Cooper is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Volvo G990 Grader

Lol!! Cooper tire!!. Stefan, I got most of my info from members on this forum. The pages Bo is talking about will explain better once you read through the b.s. Conversations. . I looked far and wide for a tire to suit my build and just couldn't find what I wanted, so I made them. Pretty easy to do. Hard part is making the first one or the pattern tire. If you have the ability, and I'm sure you do, find a pattern that is scale appearance and uni-directional. You'll have one good side and a not so perfect side. If I did it over I would have spent more time on the pattern/blank tire because the silicone does transfer every small detail/imperfection. Initially it's a little costly but you get exactly what you want. My tires were say 8" tall and after I pulled them from mold they shrink about 1/4" in height, about 1/16" in diameter. I made two piece rims to act as the beadlock to prevent slippage. If you got any questions I've been following your build and will try and answer whatever I can. Your build is pretty awesome!!!!