View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 12:04 AM
Big Dawg On The Bone

skeeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Skeeters contracting services

The HobbyCo bankruptcy has really messed EVERYTHING up! I went to the LHS today to try & acquire some square brass tubing, brass sheets, brass "C" Channels, as well as some more brass tubing. I need to acquire this stuff fir the Weyerhaeuser log truck build. I'm on a first name basis with the LHS owner. We talked fir several minute today about the bankruptcy, & how it's affecting the hobby supplies. He CAN;T order K+S brass stock no more. His supply chain was through a HobbiCo Company, Great Planes. Since K+S WON'T ship to Great Planes fir now, he'd have to place an order of at LEAST $1,000.oo to place an order directly with K+S. Even some parts fir RC trucks, & cars he's NOT able to order. Even Tacoma RC Raceways (The other LHS that has the indoor track, AND hosts the National Indoor Series of races) is having troubles finding parts. I guess that tomorrow, after work, I'll have to hit Evilbay, &/or Amazon to try & scrounge up enough materials that I can get started on this build. I tried Home Dumpster, & Lowes today, but they DON'T have brass stock that is as small as I am needing.