View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 11:37 PM
Big Dawg On The Bone

1985 kenworth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Criticizing peoples builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
My 2 cents on the topic .....

As long as the one who owns it is happy we all should be happy for them. Complex, fancy, simple, make believe, realistic, un usual or famous it's all still the basis of what's keeps us happy and sane. I have Re built several trucks several times to get it just the way I want. I like others thoughts and suggestions because I like to share and learn (not the easiest for me btw). But even the most cut and pasted truck is kool in its own right.
The unfortunate part is that the models become an expression of ourself. A thought, a memory a diversion from day to day issues. And with that even a well meant comment can feel negative, intrusive or demeaning. We all know this hobby is expensive. Most times pull off a custom feature is nerve racking. To have an end result we are not too ashamed of is a feat all by itself - i've been there many times. Get up close to my stuff and you will find out it has a good bit of flaws, and filler.

So we all just need to learn that others my come across as mean or hurtful when maybe their P.C. filter is all clogged up, and it just all came out wrong.

So play nice - and by that i mean to say. Spend the extra 2 minutes to think about how to type that thought and give that extra sentence or two to give a 'why' or to compliment on what you like rather than pick apart someone's hard efforts. I think that unless they are asking for critics then they are simply posting what they are doing to encourage others to try something themselves.
that is also true izzy but at the same time ,i am pretty sure some of the things people write about others is exactly what they want to say about them..in the end ,it can be a construed as a form of bullying and in my books that is not allowed and they should talk to an admin and that person who is saying stuff gets a warning then out.i can constructively offer suggestions to others or give my opinion without hurting their feelings or coming off as such ..if i can do it so can everyone else..there are flaws in my builds too but hey they are trucks and the only perfect trucks in real life are the ones still sitting in the dealerships looking for a home...lol and not the ones driven and or making money on the road