View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 12:42 PM
Apprentice

Rakthi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ScaleART - Assembling a MAN TGX/XL 6x6 tractor & Trailer

Hi Christian, might be like swimming, but getting back into this after 1.5 years is a bit daunting to say the least. Also getting to the point where the electronics come into play ... not my favourite part.

Wel Thomas this project has been sitting around and every time I pass the boxes I get a twinge of guilt and to think I still have that whole trailer to build. At this rate this will be a 5-year plan.

@Panther F, I like seeing pictures, so I presume other people like it too ... wouldn't call it a museum piece though, just a very well thought out kit.

@frizzen, as mentioned above, might take a while before this is finished ...

=====================================

Well guys, seems like every time I want to continue this something needs to be done first.

Today I succeeded in putting the bumper back on the truck.

First the bash plate. (Found the red nuts later and replaced the black ones)

Followed by the locking mechanism for the cabin

Next the hardware to attach the bumper to the frame. (the springs are for the locking mechanism of the cab)

The bumper slides on the screws. Need to squeeze the support a bit, it's a tight fit

Put the nuts on the mounting points and attached the connecting bar from the heavy coupling. Did not tighten the nuts yet because I will have to fiddle around with the placement of the bumper so it lines up with the cab. (One of the reasons the locking springs have not been installed yet)

That one pointed out by the arrow is a real "pleasure" to fit the nut on.

Picture of left and right side with cab installed. You can see what I mean with having to fiddle with the placement of the bumper.

That's it for now. Will take me a bit getting the bumper lined up properly.

Then I have to decide what to do next and see if I can locate all the parts needed.

Need to find a good hobby shop in the area, have to buy some stuff for soldering and need to find a dealer for Proxxon stuff.