View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 05:48 PM
Journeyman

jerry56 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Time for a rebuild

So I found that the tailgate wants to flop open as you drive, so I took an idea from another builder Scott "Smallhaul"that did this years ago . It's just a simple wire trigger that turns up as the bed comes down, completely mechanical so you don't have to use a radio channel. Pretty simple really as the bed comes down it pushes up in the other end of the wire...

You can see a small spring that pulls it down because if there is very much pressure on the latch from the tailgate because of a load of dirt it keeps the latch from dropping down so it needs a little help.

I wanted a little platform to mount my electronics on so I 3D printed a "floorboard" of sorts .... Wire management is not my strong suit as you can see.... I'll try and neaten this up a little but......

I'm using small junction blocks this time so I don't have as many JST connectors for things like lights and power to the ESCs and my "on" light... I put in a charging jack for the Nimh batteries...
So this week I want to get the lights wired up and the dump bed and body painted and make a tail panel. I think I might make a set of fuel tanks and put a set of mud flaps on it....