View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:53 AM
Green Horn

mpe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MPE – 24M Motor Grader Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1cat View Post
MPE- This vehicle is truly a work of art In 1 of your posts, you mention not thinking much about paint or powder coating yet. Well you might want to as you need to allow for either of them for clearances for the final build. Paint on a 1 to 1 is not that big of a deal but when you shrink down to our scale coatings are a thing to be reckoned with. Things go together very nicely until you have paint on them- voice of experience.
tc1cat - Yes you are so right with the paint. But I am not really concerned because I have experience painting small assemblies. The tandems rotation is not an issue for paint. The rear frame including the body will be painted assembled. The cab and neck will also be painted once assembled. Problems areas could arise from the front axle and blade. My thoughts are to have these parts, and basically all painted parts assemblies before paint. This could all change once this thing is complete, and if it does I can deal with it then. I will use an airbrush when I paint this model.